Diagram Of A Boat Sail Maths Alevel Mechanics, Cosine Rule, Bearings, Boats Journey Problem?

Maths Alevel Mechanics, Cosine Rule, Bearings, Boats Journey Problem? - diagram of a boat sail

A boat travels at a speed of 11 knots to the east. The current flows in a direction of 210 ° at a speed of 6 knots. What is the resultant velocity of the boat.

With a chart with the cosine law to solve this problem, it is fairly simple. .

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/j ...

That is my plan, but would for some reason used the book for cos30 and cos60. WHY ?!?!?!?!

Please give us a solution - and an explanation (preferably with a description of a picture or a drawing one) that I will explain why using cos30 that could replace cos60.

Best answer: 5 stars.

1 comments:

Scrander berry said...

The picture looks good to me
but I | X | = 9.539392 (6DP) (equivalent to 60 °)

Perhaps the book has made a mistake?

Perhaps the current direction is designed to 240 °?

Note: The table has 5 knots in your question, you have 6 knots, but does not seem to influence the reaction at 60 ° (it has with the 30 if)
I think he meant 6 knots, and the card is a typo

PS, I really do not care how many stars you give me, but 10 points would be nice:)

Post a Comment